Coupon clipping and budgeting are great ways to save money, but not the only ways. Discounts on your home and auto insurance policies may also help keep more money in your pocket.
It’s a good idea to review your insurance policy each year, not only to make sure you have the coverage you need, but also to make sure you’re taking full advantage of any available discounts.
There are many ways to qualify for discounts on AAA insurance. Discounts vary by state, so you’ll want to contact your agent, go online or reach out by phone for specifics. Some examples of discounts include:
Auto insurance discounts
- Multi-vehicle discount: Insuring all of your vehicles through AAA may bring savings.
- Driver training program discounts: Check with your local AAA branch to see if they offer a program, especially for senior and teen drivers.
- Pay in full: Paying for your policy in full may save you money on installment fees.
- Good student discount: You may save if you’re a parent insuring a full-time or part-time student who has less than nine years of driving experience and meets a certain grade point average and driving record qualifications.
- Low mileage: If you drive less than a certain number of miles, you may be able to save on car insurance.
- Higher deductible, lower premium: Raising your deductible – the amount you’ll pay out of pocket before your insurance company payment kicks in – can reduce your annual premium.
Home insurance discounts
- New loan discount: If you have recently purchased a home, your homeowners insurance premium may be reduced in the first year if you get a mortgage to purchase your home (does not apply in California).
- Home protection discount: Discounts may be available if your home is in a gated community or equipped with theft and/or fire protection systems.
- Multi-policy discounts: Insuring both your home and vehicle(s) through AAA can result in savings. Renters may also qualify for a multi-policy discount.
- Loyalty discount: If you’ve insured your vehicle(s) through AAA or another insurance provider for a designated length of time (without lapses), you may be able to receive a discount (does not apply in California).
For more information on homeowners, renters or auto insurance discount, contact your AAA insurance agent.