American Heart Association Grants Gold Worksite Status to CSAA Insurance Group
September 13, 2018
|The American Heart Association's Workplace Health Achievement Index is based on numerous wellness initiatives and best practices.|
WALNUT CREEK, Calif., Sept. 13, 2018 – For the eighth consecutive year, CSAA Insurance Group has earned Gold-level recognition from the American Heart Association for taking significant steps to build a culture of health in the workplace. CSAA Insurance Group provides AAA-branded insurance in 23 states and the District of Columbia.
"At CSAA Insurance Group, we are committed to innovating in service of AAA Members, which includes prioritizing and promoting the well-being of our employees," said Wellness Program Strategist Rachel Miegel. "We are honored that the American Heart Association continues to recognize our commitment to business excellence and workplace wellness."
The AHA’s Workplace Health Achievement Index is based on best practices to holistically evaluate the culture, structure, processes, and outcomes of the wellness program. CSAA Insurance Group implements a variety of qualifying wellness initiatives, including:
- On-site wellness coordinators across office locations
- Free, annual biometric screenings
- Discounted healthy food and drink options in locations with company cafeterias
- Regular employee communications covering physical, emotional and financial health
- Free, on-site fitness classes for a variety of fitness levels, ranging from strength training and aerobics to yoga and meditation
- Company contributions to a Health Savings Account (HSA) or Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) for participating in health-related programs, such as preventative screenings, verified workouts, disease management programs, volunteer activities and more
The American Heart Association's health index uses science-based best practices to evaluate the overall quality and comprehensiveness of workplace health programs, allowing companies to measure the effectiveness of their workplace health programs, as well as the overall heart health of their employees. More than 1000 companies completed the Index assessment this year, and received benchmarking reports which help identify opportunities to improve wellness programs and advance a workforce toward ideal heart health.
CSAA Insurance Group, a AAA insurer, offers automobile, homeowners and other personal lines of insurance to AAA members through AAA clubs in 23 states and the District of Columbia. Founded in 1914, the company has been rated “A” or better by A.M. Best for 90 years, and is one of the top personal lines property casualty insurance groups in the United States, according to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners. The company has been repeatedly named one of the 50 most community-minded companies in America by Points of Light. Read more at csaa-insurance.aaa.com.